earth fault

Greeny said:
its only a couple of hours drive from birmingham can't you come down and see if the bonding has been done outside of my flat?????

no problem, I am on the way

Sponsored Links
Greeny said:
if it is a live to earth fault why isn't the breaker tripping? i'll have to check whether there is still voltage there when i turn the fuse board off, im sure i did check that when i turn't it off and there wasn't any voltage?

The fault may not be a direct short, it could be incorrectly wired appliances or sockets. An MCB will not clear this type of fault, where as an RCD is more likely to.

pick some beers up! if the sockets are incorrectly wired i.e neutral in the live wouldn't this trip it?

Sponsored Links
the breaker? so is it probably down to my sockets not being connected properly???

Greeny said:
the breaker? so is it probably down to my sockets not being connected properly???
It is possible, amongst an array of other things.

i'll bond the pipes then check all the sockets to make sure they are connected properly hopefully that will sort it, cheers

In areas of high load (brum), there is always a high chance of 'perceived shocks' due to circulating network currents - if your main bonding isn't satisfactory, this becomes a problem.

On Yer bike!!

You haven't said if this AC or DC. I know its obvious to you but all factors have a bearing.
Have you any ELV lighting?
Is it present when all but the Ring breakers are made?

The advice you receive will be in direct propotion to the info you give.

Qedelec said:
On Yer bike!!

You haven't said if this AC or DC. I know its obvious to you but all factors have a bearing.
Have you any ELV lighting?
Is it present when all but the Ring breakers are made?

The advice you receive will be in direct propotion to the info you give.

I also didn't see page two but my comments stand.

dont see how you get a shock from 12v? Didn't think that was possible unless you're licking the sink :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back