Earth query?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Im fitting a new bathroom and im going to use plastic pushfit pipes/joints. The pipes from the boiler and entering the bathroom are copper and they leave the bathroom via copper pipe. By using plastic pipes in the bathroom I assume I will be breaking the earthing of the pipes (earthed near the boiler). How do I rectify this. Should I just earth the copper pipes leaving the bathroom?

Sponsored Links
This is supplementary bonding you are asking about. The standard reference on the subject from the IET is http://www.theiet.org/publishing/wi...004/pre14-earthing-plastic-pipes.cfm?type=pdf. If exposed metalwork (taps, radiators) in the bathroom is connected via plastic piping, then it does not need to be included in the supplementary bonding. If you search on the Electrics UK forum you will find lots of threads on this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back