earthing and showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of removing an electric shower, I dont want to remove the wiring as someone has gone to a lot of trouble putting it in. How should I leave the wiring behing the wall?

Second question about earthing. I have had the lead supply pipe replaced. There is still some earthing wires on various parts of copper pipe in the house. I am going to fit a new bathroon using plastic pipes, do I need to maintain the earthing continuity, if so how?

Sponsored Links
If you are going to use plastic piping, you don't need to supplementary bond them. But any other pipes (eg rad pipes in copper) still need s/b.

Also, the cpc's of circuits feeding equipment in the bathroom need joining together.

Thanks for the info. Any thought on how I deal with the electric shower I am removing?

Sponsored Links
You need to somehow insulate the cable at the shower end & disconnect at the consumer unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back