Earthing arrangements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
couple of questions on earthing:
I understand the types tt tns tncs and can see the reason for tt systems but why introduce two others tns tncs why not stick with one method (benefits/shortcomings/reasons etc)

also identification? im aware of the different systems however how can you tell which is being used - ie..easily differentiate between the sytems

Sponsored Links
I understand the types tt tns tncs and can see the reason for tt systems but why introduce two others tns tncs why not stick with one method (benefits/shortcomings/reasons etc)

also identification? im aware of the different systems however how can you tell which is being used - ie..easily differentiate between the sytems

Sponsored Links
Cost.

yea great deal of info from the knowlegable members there, well worth the effort of asking the question.

The problem with learning is not all information can come from a book or a link to a web page, and unfortunately web pages have not gained the ability to speak as yet so until they do people use forums to gain further knowledge from experienced people who give their time freely in the name of community groups.

What was wrong with my answer above? The only major advantage of TN-CS above TN-S has got to be cost.
There a are a lot of disadvantages of TN-CS i.e. the potential of the CPC is greater than that of true earth and is not allowed in some situations i.e. caravan sites and marinas owing to the increased risk posed by an open circuit CNE conductor.

The problem with learning is not all information can come from a book or a link to a web page
What are you learning? Are you taking a course?

and unfortunately web pages have not gained the ability to speak as yet so until they do
Is it a course in sarcasm?

people use forums to gain further knowledge from experienced people who give their time freely in the name of community groups.
This is a DIY forum. If you want knowledge then you might consider being a bit up front about your needs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back