Earthing of metal boxes

I suppose if the plasterboard is thick enough, it would be possible for a live conductor to touch the screws.
As being discussed elsewhere, "very little is impossible" - but if one were concerned about that possibility (with a plastic accessory and plastic backbox), how on earth would one earth the screws?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I don't know.

I was going to say fit those screw-hole covers but that wouldn't help when someone came to remove the switch.

Nylon screws for Bernard. :)

I don't know. I was going to say fit those screw-hole covers but that wouldn't help when someone came to remove the switch.
Quite. Of course, if they were constituted as Class II items, they would not be allowed to have metal screws which could be touched from the outside (even if only when removing them) which penetrated through the 'reinforced insulation' to an environment which contained live conductors/parts.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back