Easiest way to build a small retaining wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, after some advice on building a small wall/retaining wall.

here is the garden i did 7 years ago now and the wood has just gone rotten, even the posts :(

2017-04-23%2015.49.14.jpg

As you can see, i need to do this properly. I lay foundations and build a wall, but i don't particulary like the look of all the brick that will be on show once it's done. Arse there other alternatives, like for example i have seen concrete slotted posts and then gravel boards dropped into them, at least this way i can paint the boards etc, the wall are not really retaining anything as such so wondered if this was an option?

Sponsored Links
That's what I have at the back of our house. 3 concrete posts with 3 concrete gravel boards stacked between them.

It was there when we moved in 9 years ago and is still doing the job. If I could see it I might be tempted to cover it with something.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back