Easiest way to sort this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
as you an see by the image, the socket and the wall with tiles has cracked.

just thinking what the best way is to do, If the tiles are to come off (both of them) then the plasterboard may come with it too? what do you think? replace the plasterboard at the back AND the two tiles? then sit the socket at a corner of a tile or surface mount it with a backbox?

one other concern, why isn't there an earth on here?

Attachments

• tile.JPG
    tile.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 426
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If the socket has no earth connection it is dangerous and most be made safe.
It also looks like single cables have been used, without the use of containment, which is also a no no.

I would check the rest of the property, you may need to rewire all the socket circuits.

some batons or noggins in the wall with either plaster board or aqua board cut to size and screwed to the wood. Then patch plaster to join.

After the dodgy electrics have been fixed.

Sponsored Links
Have I entered the Twilight Zone?

zorgan - what's going on?

Looks like this one was posted first and ignored, perhaps why he/she tried again
Yes, it looks like that. However, it looked as if there was a risk of the previous responses being essentially duplicated, now that PBoD has brought this one to life - which is why I pointed out the 'duplication'.

I must say that I don't recall having seen the OP of this thread at the time, although I certainly saw (and contributed to) the other one.

Kind Regards, John

Sharp-eyed person!

I did not see the lower groutline and my aged eyes interpreted the upper groutline as an overlap in two sheets of wallpaper. Now I see the break in the tiles where there is a gap in the stalk.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back