Easy Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Easy question for you computer brains out there.
Can you tell me how, when sending or posting a message that includes a long web adress, i change the adress to a single word??????????
For eg. if i want to change www.ThisisaVeryinterestingwebsite.co.uk into a single word like here so the recipient just clicks the word here in the message?
Thanks and Merry Christmas :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thanks Darren, Got that working on the forums but how does it work when sending e-mails ? How do i get the url's to come up?
Excuse my stupid questions but i'm a computer no brainer!!

Trying to achieve the same thing with email is a different process and you will be at the mercy of the email client at the other end to display it correctly. Personally, I think it's far better to include a huge link (on a new line normally) rather than hiding it behind an alias. Pasting the link into the email is usually enough for the email program to convert it into a clickable link for you.

What email client are you using to send emails? I don't use outlook, or even windows, but I'm sure someone else on here can offer advice on how to achieve what you're after.

Sponsored Links
I'm using Freeserve outlook express, but if it's gonna be a hassle to do it on e-mails then i'll just stick with the long links, just thought it looked tidyer. Thanks anyway

If your email program doesn't allow html coding there's is a simple trick with copy-paste to do this.
Go to Word, enter the text you want to send out, create a hyperlink in a word or words and copy everything. Then paste it in the body of your message.

Most email programs support this, but try it out on your own email address

Back