'Easy' worktop bolts, any good?

Sponsored Links
Jelly worms!!

I have bolted it yet Doggit, that's weekend work :)

It's this weekends work :)

I'm all ready to go now, how tight should I be aiming to get the bolts? I did a test on an off cut and they seem to go quite tight just with fingers, would I do finger tight then a spanner turn or just nip it up and keep an eye on it?

IMG_0683.JPG

IMG_0693.JPG

Nice job Ian, but do a test run before you apply the glue, as the holes to turn the bolts may not be wide enough. Hand tighten them, then use a spanner, and keep going till your judgement tells you tightening any further will cause problems. It's a bit of a judgement call I'm afraid. Make sure that the bolts are kept pushed to the top of the worktop, as (obviously) they tend to fall at the other end as you tighten them.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Doggit :)

Is there any reason I not to use colourfill at the top and wood glue at the bottom of each joint?

And another random one, where I cut out for the sink should I paint the exposed chipboard with PVA or glue or anything else?

Colourfill is a glue and filler, so the wood glue isn't necessary, but as long as the whole exposed surface is covered in one or the other, there's no reason whay you can't do that.

I alway use silicone sealant on the exposed chipboard. If there's a continuous leak, then the pva can weaken with the water.

Well I've done it but I'm not that impressed with the job.

There is a very tiny lip at the rear edge which has ****ed me right off!!!:mad: It's a fraction of a millimetre but still very annoying. Oh well, it will be reet.

IMG_0697.JPG

IMG_0698.JPG

IMG_0701.JPG

IMG_0699.JPG

The bolts were easy enough to do, next time I'll wear goggles to keep dust out of my eyes.

Yes, she has to crawl through a unit with the back knocked out ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back