easylogic m6011 washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, my daughters washing machine is playing up again and i'm not sure what else to look for. when she switches it on it just makes a noise and doesn't fill up. i've checked the filter which is fine and i've also checked the brushes on the motor as this was a previous fault but there doesn't seem to be a problem there. once again if anyone can give me a tip i'd be grateful. thanks, mark

Sponsored Links
Is the noise the drain pump running. If so could be a clogged or U/S pressure switch or pipe (does she use low temp washes and liquid detergent)

Does it sound like a low humming if so it could be the fill valves failed or water not getting to the machine (have seen taps turned off accidently when on call outs)

thanks for the reply. your answer just reminded me that she had a problem once before with the cut off valve under the sink that had become seized. i think i'll try to see if thats happened again.

hi the valve under the sink that lets water into the machine is ok so i cant see why it doesn't fill with water when it's switched on. It just makes a droning noise and nothing happens. Is there something inside the machine that allows the water to fill when switched on that could be faulty? thanks

Sponsored Links
The droning noise

Is it the drain pump running or are you getting a vibration on the water fill valves at the rear.

hi thanks for the reply. i don't know what the droning is coming from but there is no water coming in and no water going out. it's almost like it's trying to pump out water that isn't in there, or something is trying to turn but is being prevented from doing so?? sorry i can't explain any better. thanks

If it is the drain pump running it could be PCB fault or blocked pressure switch.

If the noise is coming from near the fill hoses at the rear (you may be able to feel a high frequency vibration) it could be a failed fill valve or water restriction (tap off or kink in fill pipe).

thanks again for the reply. i think i'll have to see if i can google up some pictures of these parts and check them out. WARNING.......i might be back!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back