eaves felt missing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
While I was clearing the gutter today, I found some of the eaves felt has gone. I know without the felt, the wind driven rain may get behind the gutter and splash on the fascia board. But since the board is upvc I guess it is okay? any advice is appreciated. thanks!

A picture is attached. (the felt in the center behind the gutter is missing and you can see the black felt at the 2 sides).

Attachments

• IMG_2868.JPG
    IMG_2868.JPG
    376.9 KB · Views: 153
Sponsored Links
@woody, behind the UPVC is the big soffit box. of course there may be timber underneath the tile, but I can't see. this is the roof of the (protruding) ground floor living room. When we moved in 2006 and the UPVC was there, so not sure if it was over-cladding or not. thanks.

Sponsored Links
The point is, don't assume that just because the fascia is plastic, that it's ok to let water run over it from the eaves.

Thanks for your reply woody. I have attached 2 photos. One photo shows the gutter and fascia. In the other photo, I can see some kind of timber edge behind the UPVC fascia board where felt is missing(circled). Thanks again for any advice.

Attachments

• IMG_2869.JPG
    IMG_2869.JPG
    286.5 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2870.jpg
    IMG_2870.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 136
Whoever has worked on the roof previously has fitted some plyboard in an attempt to support the felt. This does that job, but it does not prevent the felt rotting in sunlight.

You need to fit plastic eaves support trays as mentioned above. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise

PALGEP-2.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back