Ebay Bidding

If you leave bidding till the end & another has autobid, you will not get it.
Decide what you want to pay, go and place a bid using auto if you don't get it there will be another one.
Since I have moved (as she says to the middle of knowhere) I find using Ebay cheaper than driving to get the item I want

Sponsored Links
I can't understand why e-bay don't arrange a proper auction, it would be easy to do.
Let any seller offer an item for auction, then state a specific date and time when bidding will start, then arrange it so that if a bid is not received from anyone after say 10 minutes of any bid being made then the Auction of the item is ended, with either a sale or a failed to reach the reserve price. This would avoid the problems described on this thread, everyone could see the item for auction before the sale, and then it would truly resemble a true auction, which at the Moment e-bay certainly isn't.
Maybe a good plan for a rival e-bay site.

I was going to bid on a car on EBay a few months ago and there was a contact the seller, mobile number. Texted the seller (trade) and asked if the vehicle had any tax, (apparently had about a month) and said I'd put a bid in. By the time I got back on to EBay, the bid price, had mysteriously risen by £250 (all in one bid) Didn't put a bid in and about an hour later the seller texted me asking why I hadn't yet bid on the car. :eek: :eek: (how would he know , as he only had my mobile number??)

Sponsored Links
went to bid on something this very evening,no 1 had put any bids in,asked the seller a couple of questions and at just over 3 hours left he took the ad off.
when i sent another question to him,he virtually accused me of interrogating him?
and as no one had put any bids in he wasnt going to let it go for his starting bid.which was 200 quid.strange folk on ebay.

Let Ebay know, they will deal with it, they have a reputation

i didnt know that,ive seen it quite often where there has been no bids so the seller gets cold feet and pulls the item with the excuse that its either broken or bits missing etc.

Don't forget, some EBay sellers , advertise their items on other sites, such as Gumtree, and in local papers. Not unreasonable to withdraw items for sale. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back