ebay bidding problem

H

holmslaw

Just tried to buy something on ebay but it would'nt except my bid. Can anyone explain why.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Well I've got 28 positives and no negatives, and last purchased 2 items about 2 weeks ago.

Sponsored Links
I've now tried to bid on acouple of other items and the same thing happens, and on two different computers.

Put in bid amount, click place bid.

A box appears with the words 'place bid' on the top LHS, it also shows time remaining, amount of previous bid and postage costs, theres a red cross in the top RHS corner. When you click it the page refreshes and you go back to the item page.

Have spoken to ebay, thay say it is a problem with my pc. But could'nt accept that two different computers could not possibly develop the same fault simultaeneously.

Just tried the 'buy it now' and that works.

Try bidding on something else, even it is only something at a few pence to see if it accepts that bid, if you get outbid fine, if not it is only costing you a few pence but will let you know if it is the PC or the limit set on original item

It sounds daft but when this box pops up you are pressing 'place bid' aren't you?

Put in bid amount, click place bid.

A box appears with the words 'place bid' on the top LHS, it also shows time remaining, amount of previous bid and postage costs, theres a red cross in the top RHS corner. When you click it the page refreshes and you go back to the item page.

The only clickable part of the box is the cross.

I wonder if this is related to a recent purchase.

I bought an item using buy it now, paid immediately and goods delivered, all ok.

But when I tried to leave feedback there was no trace of the transaction. I contacted the seller and he said this was because ebay had withdrawn the listing, and there was no record of the transaction in his account either.

I'm thinking maybe I'm now on the ebay system as a non-payer, and thats whats causing the problem. Because sellers obviously exclude non payers from bidding.

But when I tried to leave feedback there was no trace of the transaction. I contacted the seller and he said this was because ebay had withdrawn the listing

You haven't been buying dirty films have you, tut tut :D

haha, nothing exciting, anyway if you want dirty films just download for free from a torrent site.

It was weedkiller, apparently the weedkiller dealers complain to ebay that their competitors are trading illegally, and ebay automatically withdraw the listing.

I opened a new account same problem, also went to ebay in the USA and same problem.

But I've found a workround for the problem. If I click on 'x bids' (just above the place bid buttton) this opens the bid history page. On this page there is another 'place bid' box and button, and strangely enough that one works.

So workround found, but I'm still curious as to the root of the problem.

Sponsored Links
Back