Ebay nutter ruined my feedback

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had for 8 years 100% feedback rating until this buyer came along who was bent on destroying my reputation. He bid on an item and then sent Payment via Paypal which up until now has still not cleared and is "pending" payment. He emailed me asking where the item is and I explained that it was a pending payment. Between his bank and paypal. He then denied I emailed him back and became very agressive and called me a liar etc. I reported his emails to Ebay (threats of negative feedback etc) I have now been left negative feedback calling me a liar. I have looked into Ebay's policy for feedback removal and it appears they don't remove it, even if it has been left by the likes of this chap.

Can anyone tell me, as I have the Ebay internal messages as evidence of his threats, if anything can be done about trouble causers like this as well as have unjust feedback removed?

Sponsored Links
IRC you can put a "response" to his feedback

Obviously you can also leave feedback for him (though ebay are going to/have done remove the ability of sellers to leave neutral or negative feedback for buyers).

If you have a thousand positives and 1 negative, I think people will make allowance for the fact that there are a few loonies in the world.

Very few people with a lot of eBay usage have 100% feedback. I've got about 700 odd FB's but 3 negatives from idiots means I only have a 99.6% rating. Would you not buy from me?

If the other bloke sees the error of his ways then I think you can get the feedback retracted, but the negative comment will stay there, without counting towards anything. Look in the help section of eBay.

me

Feedback Score: 275
Positive Feedback: 100%

Members who left a positive: 275
Members who left a negative: 0

All positive Feedback: 328

Sponsored Links
Leave your own feedback, but do it in a clear and factual manner, people will see them for what they are.
Do not descend to their level.

Then move on, you are not trading in feedback.

You are entitled to leave a comment on your feedback page directly below his feedback in response to his entry. It will not rub out the degradation to your 100% score, but will go some way to addressing the wrong doing.

I, too, got very pi$$ed off when I lost my 100% because someone tried to con me and issued me with negative feedback when I didn't play ball.

Sensible ebayers who see a blot like that will check out the profile of the person who gave it. They will then see that it is the other person who is the tw@t when they see all the red blobs in the history.

melodymaker said:
Can anyone tell me, as I have the Ebay internal messages as evidence of his threats, if anything can be done about trouble causers like this as well as have unjust feedback removed?
Yes. There is a poorly publicised remedy for people in your position.

Don't, whatever you do, leave the other party any feedback at all, or respond to the negative feedback.

eBay has a defamation claim form you can print off, complete, and sign in front of a commissioner for oaths (e.g. your solicitor), who will charge you a nominal fee, like £5.

Include the supporting documents with the form, with a table of contents that you sign in front of the CfO, and send the whole lot to eBay by recorded delivery.

With a following wind the unjustified feedback will be removed, and your 100% status thereby reinstated.

Too late, I already left feedback but accidently selected it in the possitive section though it was a negative comment. Darn, if only I had known. Surely his email threats and false accusations calling me a liar will still go in my favour?

What will happen now I have reported his messages to Ebay as I still have not heard anything from them?

melodymaker said:
Too late, I already left feedback but accidently selected it in the possitive section though it was a negative comment.
As it's positive I think it won't affect the outcome. I would proceed with the defamation form anyway.

What will happen now I have reported his messages to Ebay as I still have not heard anything from them?
Probably nothing, because they are a bit useless and slow. But if they ignore the signed defamation form then you could threaten to sue them for breach of contract. That would wake them up.

Not worth the hassle. All Ebay users know there are nutters out the, we are only interested in the positive feedback that is left. We all overlook the nutters, the misunderstandings etc. As long as your feedback stays around 97% I wouldn't worry.

It's a reasonable comment joe-90, but the OP asked if anything could be done, and it can.

I left bad feedback to someone that sold me some junk and wouldn’t refund me. In return he left me even worse feedback. I got in touch with e-bay and they said what he did was wrong but that is how it works. Feedback is a waste of time

It's a reasonable comment joe-90, but the OP asked if anything could be done, and it can.

Don't you start telling me I'm being reasonable, for heaven's sake, I've got a reputation to think about. Gwon, gimme sum bad feedback. :cry:

I wouldn't be too hasty to 'do' anything. This could just be a misunderstanding where the buyer genuinely thinks he has paid and doesn't realise something has gone wrong. A little patience goes a long way on ebay, the payment may come through.

Sponsored Links
Back