Ebay customer support=Rubbish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a slanderous comment left on my feedback as negative (I posted about this person previously) calling me a "Liar" and a "Coward"

Firstly, isn't that against Ebay policy, to slander?

Secondly, I provided all the emails with headers as requested by Ebay that this person sent me which were threatening and agressive as proof of my innocence in this matter. A week has gone by and I have heard nothing.

Can anyone give me a direct email or postal address so I can contact someone at the top because I have had enough of this lilly livered attitude.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I dont suppose it will help by bringing up the old adage that the customer is always right?

Nope didnt think so :oops:

Ebay have far too many customers to spend their time dealing with the dissatisfied ones. They're busy enough raking in the cash.

During a US court case they admitted that they had designed the screen dialogue to contact them, to make it difficult to use, and hidden their phone no, to cut down the number of contacts.

The people at the top will have surrounded themseves with barriers, intermediaries and processes to prevent them being bothered by you.

It would have been better if they had called you a "effing liar"

They remove feedback with swearing in it straight away(if reported) :rolleyes:

Also, a week in "ebay time" is equal to 1 nano second in real time.

I'd say a minimum of a month for them to get back to you if at all. :cry:

My advice is forget it and move on with your life ;)

Sponsored Links
As far as I can see, Ebay doesn't view its users, individually, as valuable clients when they try to make contact about a problem. It sees them as whining scum to be fobbed off and ignored.

This is your second post about the same thing. God knows what your mental state will be if you get 2 or 3 more negatives.

Why are you posting on this site, when E-bay itself has a much better independant forum, which will advise you better than on here.

Why are you posting on this site, when E-bay itself has a much better independant forum, which will advise you better than on here.
And what's wrong with advice given here? eh eh :p

This is your second post about the same thing. God knows what your mental state will be if you get 2 or 3 more negatives.

actually to stick up for the op this is different the original was asking what he could do.

but im sure he will thank you for noticing. ;)

The ebay feeback system is crap. This is how it works, I win a bid and always pay immediately for everything I buy. The seller should then immediately post positive feedback saying they had no problems with the sale. However what happens is that they wait until you've posted feedback. I had 100% feedback until someone sold me a second hand phone that was advertised as new and refused to sort out the situation. I posted negative feedback and surprise surprise got negative feedback returned stating that everything I said was lies. So, soph-uk786, i hope your business dies on its arse; not that I'm bitter.

Not as bad as Paypal (an Ebay company) now that really is a nightmare. (IMHO)

The ebay feeback system is rubbish. This is how it works, I win a bid and always pay immediately for everything I buy. The seller should then immediately post positive feedback saying they had no problems with the sale. However what happens is that they wait until you've posted feedback.

Totally agree. When selling I always leave feedback straight after payment received. As far as I am concerned that's the way it should be.

When selling I always leave feedback straight after payment received. As far as I am concerned that's the way it should be.

In theory, yes. But, how would you be able to respond to a crooked buyer who then claims, with negative feedback from nowhere, that you never sent him the item. You've given the buyer good feedback (ergo, you have received his money), you've sent him the item and he now has evidence (your positive feedback) that you have his money. The ball is now in your court, on your own profile page, to prove to the Ebay community that you have sent the item. Obviously, this should not be too difficult if you have a receipt, but most sellers do not want this kind of aggro. The annoying thing about this scenario is that you cannot add or edit your feedback on his profile page, so he keeps his good feedback from you, without blemish.

I'm not suggesting that you are wrong, but that you are vulnerable to crooks.

When selling I always leave feedback straight after payment received. As far as I am concerned that's the way it should be.

In theory, yes. But, how would you be able to respond to a crooked buyer who then claims, with negative feedback from nowhere, that you never sent him the item. You've given the buyer good feedback (ergo, you have received his money), you've sent him the item and he now has evidence (your positive feedback) that you have his money. The ball is now in your court, on your own profile page, to prove to the Ebay community that you have sent the item. Obviously, this should not be too difficult if you have a receipt, but most sellers do not want this kind of aggro. The annoying thing about this scenario is that you cannot add or edit your feedback on his profile page, so he keeps his good feedback from you, without blemish.

I'm not suggesting that you are wrong, but that you are vulnerable to crooks.

Have a bit of faith kev :LOL:

No, your completely right. I never leave feedback for a buyer (immediate payment or not) until they have left feedback for me.

I do admire sellers who leave ++ feedback straight away after you pay for an item ASAP, but sadly they seem to be the minority on there nowadays.

As an aside and to the OP....I would give it up and create a new account if it upsets you this badly!
At the end of the day ebay is purely a money machine and they have NO customer service..

Zilch.
They take your money and as someone else pointed out, to them users are a cheap commodity that can and will be easily replaced.

For a very big power seller you might get a reply, but for your average Joe, it is highly unlikely.

As someone also pointed out, they make it very difficult to even find their contact information to prevent people phoning up :confused:

And on yet another tangent....Paypal are the biggest sharks of the all....
Really really shady outfit and if you happen to get on the wrogn side of their 'systems' even if totally innocent...they take the money from your account and either keep it indefinately or if you make a huge fuss and provide all the crazily explicit documentation they ask for...then you might get it back in 6 months plus.
Thats a lots of interest they make on money that is not theirs :evil:
As some of these folks will attest to!

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

I wouldn't worry about it as it was reported ebay will be removing the facility to leave negative feedback. :eek:

They are currently dealing with fraud emails for items cosing thousands of pounds and don't give a rats a.ss about your feedback problem.

:)

I wouldn't worry about it as it was reported ebay will be removing the facility to leave negative feedback. :eek:

They are currently dealing with fraud emails for items cosing thousands of pounds and don't give a rats a.ss about your feedback problem.

:)

and they dont seem bothered about those either!

Sponsored Links
Back