Cause for concern?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Selling my HTC Desire only had it six months but now I have the HTC Sensation

Advertised on Gumtree to avoid all that paypal nonsense yano as collection only

But gets an email saying I will pay you 250 which is 50 over the asking price and all I have to do is send a paypal invoice to their email address

So done all that, and now just got a confirmation email from the person saying that the 250 has been paid into my paypal and to send the phone to NIGERIA

Am not a fan of EBAY so I dont know any tricks, but as yet paypal account has nothing

Has anyone ever sent anything of this value to a different county?

Am a bit dubious if something is gonna go wrong and come back on me

Sponsored Links
Keep an eye on your Paypal account Lee particularly if you have funds in it. To be safe I would change your password from another PC (not necessary if you know your security is good on your PC)

Not sure why they asked you to email the invoice as they could make the payment direct to your account.

Not sure somebody in Nigeria would want the phone either. Sounds dodgy - change your passwords asap.

BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY.

The plot thickens

Apparently PAYPAL hold the funds until I email them proof of dispatch like a tracking number or something like that

This is why I dont do EBAY, yal know me by now "PAS = People Are ****" so why would I trust anyone enough to send them something before payment is received?

Sponsored Links
"Apparently PAYPAL hold the funds until I email them proof of dispatch like a tracking number or something like that"

no they do not

Obviously I would of waited till the funds cleared into my own bank and seeing as thats not going to happen this NIGERIAN can jog on!!

@freddymercurystwin

Is this another of your s***te 'joke' threads? = erm.....when I tell jokes I put many dots at the end of the thread title, every time, like this........................

@merlin

Thats the s**t I have been waiting for, someone to confirm if this is what i suspected, thank you!!

Obviously a scam.....why not use ebay....I have used it and paypal for years never had a problem.

Nigeria

More than the asking price

You come on here for advice?

personally the 'Nigeria' thing would ring alarm bells with me !!

but more importantly, why ditch the Desire? is the Sensation better? I've just got a Desire !!!

personally the 'Nigeria' thing would ring alarm bells with me !!

but more importantly, why ditch the Desire? is the Sensation better? I've just got a Desire !!!

If your still in your 14 day cooling off period, send it back and get HTC Sensation, google it and youtube it, Desire seems very small and am still not used to the size of the sensation

If your still in your 14 day cooling off period, send it back and get HTC Sensation, google it and youtube it, Desire seems very small and am still not used to the size of the sensation

no, a couple of months.. and the desire screen is huge.. compared to the i-phone.... why is the sensation better?

no, a couple of months.. and the desire screen is huge.. compared to the i-phone.... why is the sensation better?

Only a few main pointers to be honest

Turning screen sideways on a webpage makes it possible to read every word without using pinch n zoom feature

SatNav is better can see it much easier

8 Megapixel camera

720 HD video recording

Are you still using Sense or have you tried different launchers

Only a few main pointers to be honest

Turning screen sideways on a webpage makes it possible to read every word without using pinch n zoom feature

SatNav is better can see it much easier

8 Megapixel camera

720 HD video recording

Are you still using Sense or have you tried different launchers

ok, feel better now.... satnav is ok,

Desire has an 8MP camera too

don't surf the net on my phone... definitely don't do DIYnot on it :mrgreen:

720hd? my eyesight isn't good enough these days to know the difference !!

But seriously, HTC know how to do things !!

PS.. what is Sense? :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back