PAY pal payments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all

I've got an late payer who has finally started talking now I've upped the odds.

First email.asked if I accept C cards - no I don't (plus I'm worried re.S75 credit card )

They have send me a payment link to tell me I've been paid via PayPal

Firstly I don't uae PayPal so somewhat suspicious of their intentions and potential disputes and claw backs via pay pal.

I have received a link minus PayPal charges of 62 quid (original invoice 2145), with no mention of charges. As far as I'm concerned I'm owed the £62.

I'm actually more worried about the enhanced PayPal protection and someone being a

Jon was complete by end of Feb with no complaints nor communication since

Sponsored Links
Maybe contact PayPal and explain your predicament to them? I believe they’re quite fair regarding payments etc. Agree, you shouldn’t be forking out the £62

I'm reading horror stories or PayPal disputes, that said it indicates they agree to the invoice.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
I had been chasing for payment and wasn't keen to set up Credit card payments due to customer S75 rights on payments.

I was planning to get them to pay £2145 off one of my supplier accounts via card, however I'd just paid all my suppliers so no credit balance to clear.

There has been no communication just an email from Paypal saying I had received a payment. Just logged on to see the payment minus fees and telling me its on hold due to it an being irregular credit.

Now I can't retrieve the money until 1st August, so I'm stuck in limbo. I don't even know how he managed to pay me via Paypal, my last log in was was over 10 years ago.

PayPal is a method of paying someone with a credit card when they don't accept credit cards.

You want to turn down 2k for the sake of £62? I don't believe they could manage a chargeback (I think the clock starts from when the "service" was delivered) but if they could you've lost nothing.

If your client is reduced to paying their bills on a credit card do you really think it's a good time to move yourself down the queue a bit! I'd be in church on 31July lighting a candle!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back