EBay special SDS drill Q

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
total carp, barely adequate or ok?

Has anyone tried this one?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I don't have an SDS drill but I do have a lot of Makita tools all battery. They are okay for the DIY stuff I do but my circular saw does bog down in anything that looks a bit thickish. I would have thought that a battery SDS drill would be junk.

I don't have an SDS drill but I do have a lot of Makita tools all battery. They are okay for the DIY stuff I do but my circular saw does bog down in anything that looks a bit thickish. I would have thought that a battery SDS drill would be junk.

I have an ancient Aldi, heavy mains SDS, a lighter, more recent mains Aldi, lighter SDS one, and a Lidl battery SDS. The latter is fine for the quick jobs.

Sponsored Links
Well it is anonymous chinese stuff, not a genuine Makita, using the words "for Makita" to prevent the intellectual property rules tripping up the advert. It does at least have drilling and chiselling as an option.
I have no idea if the chiselling is to take the skin off a rice pudding or whether it can actually do walls!
Without a battery it will not do much, just useful for the hilarious action shot included in the listing!

I have a need for a bit of sds type chiselling, not expecting it to cope with the patio, but it may be ok for plasterboard walls etc.

It says it includes -battery, charger, and drill.
I was replying to post 4 just above. He may also have been smiling about the pic of some guy trying to chisel a fireplace without the battery fitted, as shown in the listing.

If I decide to buy a cheap tool, I get it from an established local supplier with a really good refund guarantee.

Aldi and Lidl are even more generous than Screwfix or Toolstation

Mind you if those two batteries fit makita tools it would be worth buying for those. Makita batteries are more expensive than that tool for one. I usually buy the chinese knockoff Makita batteries which have been fine so far but even those are 30 odd quid.

Has anyone tried this model? Also a worrying bit is it says 21 volt, so maybe it is not a lithium battery pack, or it is old fashioned limh cells? if it was any of the normal lithium high power cells they would be molten at 21V...

Mind you if those two batteries fit makita tools it would be worth buying for those. Makita batteries are more expensive than that tool for one. I usually buy the chinese knockoff Makita batteries which have been fine so far but even those are 30 odd quid.
If you look it has a charging plug for the cell pack, does not use the tines on the battery pack, it looks like a laptop charger. so most likely not makita compatible

You may need higher capacity batteries, ones with a higher amp/hour rating. I recently purchased a 4000 rpm Metabo cordless drill to use with my door lock mortiser, I went for a 5.2 amp hour battery.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back