Cordless drill off of ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
The companies themselves of course it's completely in their own interests not to inflict reputational damage to their brand. Oh tried out my "Chinese" Makita, no chuck wobble, Bosch drill bits (made in germany) turned true and straight.
You're lucky.
A couple of years ago having needed a new drill, i naturally went for a makita as my previous one was a beast that served me well, on nicd batteries.
Bought a 458 from screwfix, wobbly chuck.
Took it back, opened another one there and then, wobbly chuck.
The guy couldn't believe it and tried a brand new dewalt german hss bit: same thing.
I thought screwfix got a faulty batch, so i bought one from an online retailer ffx.
Same thing.
So i ended up buying a bosch professional.
Three times unlucky?
I don't think so.
Those chucks are made in prc where nobody is checking that they're centered.
Chinese sh!t

Sponsored Links
You used the words "Chinese" and "quality" in the same sentence without prefixing the latter with "sh!t".
So I put you to the same test as many other chinese huggers and cheap rubbish lovers:
Would you fit chinese brakes on your car and take your family on a journey?
Or would you pay a few pound more and use European brakes?

If they're made to the same standard, attested by the same lab and certified by the same international body then yes no issue with those Chinese break pads. In many cases manufacturers just shipping the original tooling from country to country chasing labour costs down over the life cycle of the product. Imho

If they're made to the same standard, attested by the same lab and certified by the same international body then yes no issue with those Chinese break pads. In many cases manufacturers just shipping the original tooling from country to country chasing labour costs down over the life cycle of the product. Imho
Not just pads, complete brake system, calipers discs and pads.
CE mark on them (China Export as many found out).
Still wanna go on that journey with your family or prefer the Ats, Brembo, Lucas, Ferodo, etc.?

Sponsored Links
to be fair i know some very very thick intelligent people and some very very inteligent thick people

now they are both words and terms i never normally use but to make the point quickly and concisely i will
now iff you look at my grammar 'composition 'and punctuation its complete carp my words are often murder to read but to my brain makes perfect sense
when i get a wiggly line telling me my spelling is wrong i will try and correct it but as 90% is fully legible with the mistakes then the help i give is far more important than wasting 70% off the time correcting the few mistakes and missing helping 3 times the people in the same time

with society there are some "tests " that based on someones ideas and thoughts decides what your value is which by its action is wrong as it assumes the person or people setting the test are correct and "superior" where as there skill sets are just different

Last edited:
Don't confuse China export CE mark with EU CE conformity mark, two different things. Chinese registered CE around the time EU CE marking directives came aboutπ

Don't confuse China export CE mark with EU CE conformity mark, two different things. Chinese registered CE around the time EU CE marking directives came aboutπ
There are still lots and lots of products marked CE which are not meant to be.
Trust the chinese to do a quality control...

I don't trust anything off ebay now.

I bought a NEW pool with NEW filter pump from ebay. Filter stopped working, and the manufacturer told me that warranty was void as it was second hand. If the manufacturer does not approve the ebay seller, i.e. not an approved stockist, you might as well throw any warranty cards in the bin.

As for Chinese or not, most are probably made in China anyway!

Makita tools are made in Brazil, China, Japan, Mexico, Romania, the United Kingdom, Germany, Dubai, Thailand and the United States

Bosch manufacturers parts in China

DeWalt is a global manufacturer of power tools, hand tools, and accessories. They manufacture their tools in the following countries: United States, Mexico, Brazil, China, Italy, United Kingdom, and the Czech Republic.

Hard to escape China. Most important is the retailer where you buy them from, I think, rather than where they are made. Obviously a dodgy made-for-ebay brand made and shipped from China is going to probably be the worst customer care, worst warranty etc. But if sold by a British retailer (not on ebay only) from a proper shop, then I think you're safer regardless of the brand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back