Cordless drill off of ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
I was looking on ebay for the budget type of drill. But I want something that would last a reasonable amount of time. Before I was told to go for drill that have 2 or more years warrenty

Well this one says it has a life time waranty
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/21V-Cord...107977&hash=item1cec78cac9:g:8ewAAOSwS5tfaHrg

And this one says 10
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/21V-Cord...930112?hash=item341bb1b3c0:g:8hgAAOSwZo5fcVxd

Real or a scam may I ask?

Also what is the situation with these makita drills; why are they all sold without battery and charger?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Who offers the guarantee?

If you want to claim on it, where do you go?

This is the address where you will make your claim under warranty:

Weibiao Guo
Xiyuan Road NO.2, Licheng Street, Zengcheng City
Guangzhou
广东省
China

Don't buy this chinese rubbish or anything made in china.
Spend a bit more and get something better.
If you're on a tight budget, i heard here that many members are happy with parkside drills from lidl.
I have had a parkside mitre saw for 12 years and still goes strong.
I must have gone through 10 blades and done 200 projects with it.

Sponsored Links
Also what is the situation with these makita drills; why are they all sold without battery and charger?

Nothing to do with Makita. Loads of cordless tools are sold bare (without a battery or charger). If you have 10 tools from the same range you don't need 10 batteries and you certainly don't need 10 chargers.

You start with a set of one or more tools with battery & charger, then buy other tools bare. Plus you buy other batteries as you need different capacities or old ones die.

Just for information, here are the sets from Makita at Screwfix.

This is the address where you will make your claim under warranty:

Weibiao Guo
Xiyuan Road NO.2, Licheng Street, Zengcheng City
Guangzhou
广东省
China
But you still get the 90 guarente when buying though ebay and if goods are not fit for purpose then new regs in to say seller is resposible for return postage )UK only)

Nothing to do with Makita. Loads of cordless tools are sold bare (without a battery or charger). If you have 10 tools from the same range you don't need 10 batteries and you certainly don't need 10 chargers.

You start with a set of one or more tools with battery & charger, then buy other tools bare. Plus you buy other batteries as you need different capacities or old ones die.

Just for information, here are the sets from Makita at Screwfix.
So you are saying that the batteries are all the same fit for different tools (except voltage)
I looked at your link and there is quite a difference in price between a makita with no battery and charger and one with battery and charger

21v is 18x as in 5x3.6 = 18 volt will for a short time start at 21.6 as 20% overvolt to charge but finish about 17v
it is not a hammer so no holes in masonary
life time gtee means until they stop answering the emails

Last edited:
So you are saying that the batteries are all the same fit for different tools (except voltage)
I looked at your link and there is quite a difference in price between a makita with no battery and charger and one with battery and charger
95% off tools from a manufacturer will not fit a different manufacturers tools or batteries they are all different
indeed new ranges from the same manufacturer tend not to fit old ranges so remove the mix and match from randon sources idea you seem to have in your head??

95% off tools from a manufacturer will not fit a different manufacturers tools or batteries they are all different
indeed new ranges from the same manufacturer tend not to fit old ranges so remove the mix and match from randon sources idea you seem to have in your head??
Was not me that came up with this idea. Someone ells put that idea inside of my head for me

Was not me that came up with this idea. Someone ells put that idea inside of my head for me
in general you are better off buying a basic kit with the tool charger and batteries you want then expand iff you want further tools with" naked" tools added on as long as they are the same range from the same manufacturer

Don't buy this chinese rubbish or anything made in china.
Spend a bit more and get something better.
If you're on a tight budget, i heard here that many members are happy with parkside drills from lidl.
I have had a parkside mitre saw for 12 years and still goes strong.
I must have gone through 10 blades and done 200 projects with it.

My Makita DHP481 is made in China. (n)(n)

But you still get the 90 guarente when buying though ebay and if goods are not fit for purpose then new regs in to say seller is resposible for return postage )UK only)

All well and good, after 90 days you're dealing with someone in china who will not answer any communication.
In other words you're on your own.

My Makita DHP481 is made in China. (n)(n)

In fact, i don't buy makita anymore.
Check your chuck and you'll find that it's not centered.
I returned 3 drills like yours to 3 different retailers because of wobbly chuck.
Get a new drill bit, not made in china, rest the drill on the table and press the trigger.
Now watch the drill bit wobbling like a a rod catching a tuna.

How about this:
https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/diy/parkside-20v-cordless-drill-set/p35998
available from the 15th.

The construction of this brand is very good considering the cost, you also get a 3 year warranty.

And before the top brand snobs decry it, I have been using a smaller version drill/driver from them every working day for the past 3 years+, only ever needing to replace the battery.
I now have 2 drills and 4 batteries that I use daily.
Internal construction is imho as good as some of the brands you pay more money for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back