Echo, Stihl or another make - Hedge trimmer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,

Looking to purchase a petrol hedge trimmer, my budget would be the entry models for either a Echo or Stihl. Could anyone recommend either a Echo or Stihl or one of the many other manufacturers please?

Thank you for any replies.

Sponsored Links
I'd go for Stihl gear every time as I repair many of their machines. I've no problems with Echo stuff but Stihl has an excellent spare parts network. Cheers John :)

That's good to know. The two models I've been looking at are:

STIHL HS 45 Blade Length 60 cm / 24" HS 45

or

ECHO HC1500 580mm

A 24" cutting bar is just about right for most domestic stuff. Although these machines are very similar in specification its worth getting hold of them both if possible - and see which is lighter and/or easier to hold. Again, I always go for Stihl where possible buts thats just my opinion. Husqvana is another good make aimed at the professional side of the market. Cheers John :)

Sponsored Links
only stuff we use is stihl. Starts first time, easy to fix on the job, good back up service. Only other one i would recomend, based on a hedge trimmer i bought when i first started and its still going strong is a kawasaki

Great - thanks for the replies. I'm looking at 24" blade, Stihl seems to tick all the right boxes. I'll check out Husqvarna too. On a budget of £250. Notices Stihl and Husqvarna don't recommend internet sales. Hopefully my local dealers are competitive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back