eco max combi condense not giving hot water only warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
What could be the problem.

The boiler temperature of water is only warm not hot as it is used to be. Lets put it this way, you can not have a shower. Good job it is summer.

Same for central heating, again this does not get hot. Checked boiler operation and it fires up. I stood near the boiler for a while and the boiler fires and up for say 5-10min and then goes off and fires back again, but never getting the hot water, as it used to be.

what could be wrong

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I have this feeling that you have never had the boiler serviced!

When was the last date?

There could also be a safety issue affecting your boiler!

Tony

I do not know if the boiler had service, as it is my Mum house and my Brother is away from work.

so i do not know about the service.

My mum just called me due to not having hot water.

I just did not had the time to look into further, as i was getting late for work.

Thank you for your reply

if the boiler is poor on both ch and dhw more likely to be divertor faulty in boiler , easy to check , make sure boiler and heating are cold - been off for a while and a hot tap has not been run for a while , everything cold , then put your hand on ch flow pipe just under boiler - 22mm pipe , get somebody to turn on a hot tap - the pipe should stay cold , if it heats up some you will need a new divertor , tony

Sponsored Links
Why dont you get a gas reg engineer to service and check it?

Tony

Hi All,
I have not been to me mum house.

However i will check it, this weekend, if no success, then will call an engineer out, if it turn out to be big problem.

I think the divertor may be ok, as when you turn the hot water it works and when you turn the rads on it warms up, but not getting hot for both.

I will keep you update.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back