Ecofit pure 830 hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2 year old Ecofit Pure 830 has intermittent how water, recently none.
Heating OK.
Replaced diverter valve and pressure sensor.
Next step PCB replacement?

Sponsored Links
Should still be under warranty at 2 years old. Why aren't Vaillant fixing it?

Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Check for crossed pipes/passing mixer, isolate cold feed to boiler and run a hot tap, if you have running water then you have crossover/mixer passing.

OK, just returned from a month's holiday. Replaced PCB, flow sensor and diverter valve. CH working fine. HW codes oscillate between S11, S13 and S15, with very occasional S14 firing. Mains water pressure 15l/min. Mystified.

OK, just returned from a month's holiday. Replaced PCB, flow sensor and diverter valve. CH working fine. HW codes oscillate between S11, S13 and S15, with very occasional S14 firing. Mains water pressure 15l/min. Mystified.
Did you replace these parts? If yes, why wasn’t it done under warranty - that’s mystifying. I would check the D70 code.

5 months outside 2 year warranty unfortunately. Yes replaced these parts. There is no d70 code but the diverter valve operates correctly, as seen in other D codes. I'm wondering of the new flow sensor is faulty. Happened to me once when I bought a replacement condenser for a car.

There is a D70 but you need to enter into the 2nd stage parameters to get it. It’s in the installation manual. Anything else advisory on here would relate to gas advice as you have replaced the parts and don’t claim to be gas safe not competent to check after removing a cover that forms part of the combustion circuit.

Yes thanks Johntheo5.

I don't see any second stage parameter access in the manual. D35 gives the current position of the diverter valve.

It also shows in d.70 as having 3 settings, 0,1&2, I presume 0 is DHW or heating since its a combi?, but the mid position option seems strange for a combi, if settable?. What setting is it on and what is it (d.35) showing with DHW on?.

I remember a somewhat similar problem last year.

1681931178437.png

1681930984581.png

Last edited:
It also shows in d.70 as having 3 settings, 0,1&2, I presume 0 is DHW or heating since its a combi?, but the mid position option seems strange for a combi, if settable?. What setting is it on and what is it (d.35) showing with DHW on?.

I remember a somewhat similar problem last year.

View attachment 301312

View attachment 301311
0 will provide heating and hot water as denoted in brackets, mid position and permanent heating presumably if setup as system boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back