Ecofit pure 830 hot water problem

I wondered about this too. I don't know where it is. I can only see the flow/return sensors on the parts list.
On the previous boiler, a Halstead Finest Gold, the DHW thermistor needed replacing every couple of years.

Sponsored Links
The wiring schematics doesn't reference it either, it just shows flow&return temperature sensors, the DHW temperature is possibly derived but would seem strange when/if the DHW temperature is settable?. Vaillant should inform if one is installed and where?.
Some other models do show one.

1681985766777.png

Last edited:
Yes, I agree it is strange. I assumed that the rates of flow and difference in heating flow/return temperatures allowed the software to calculate the HW temperature.

Sponsored Links
Well it was a faulty replacement flow sensor after all. The packaging was slightly damaged, so perhaps it was damaged in transit.
However, I replaced the diverter valve and PCB earlier in an attempt to fix the problem. Now I have great HW but the boiler will not fire up high for heating. I'll make a separate post on this, as I have tried everything I have come across in the manual and forums.
Thanks for the help. I've learned a bit more about this boiler.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back