Economy 7 / TwinHeat Meter Times + Circuits

Sponsored Links
Why do you think it is single rate?
Well, I presume that the meter the OP has is not single-rate, but, as for the Lndis & Gyr one he linked to .... (a) the specification sheet mentions nothing about dual-rate, a clock or a time-signal input, which would seem very odd if it offers such features (although it begs the question as to what operates the contactor, and how/why) and (b) a couple of suppliers I found (e.g. this one ) included this ...

upload_2019-11-7_20-13-32.png

Kind Regards, John

Last edited:
Hmm all a bit inconclusive, the second meter must have an integral teleswitch I assume or else it would not work

Hmm all a bit inconclusive, the second meter must have an integral teleswitch I assume or else it would not work
Which 'second meter'? If you're talking about the one the OP linked to, do you really think that it has an integral data sheet without there being any mention of that in the (5-page) Technical Datasheet? I remain very confused by all of this.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Yes, otherwise how would it work
Quite - hence my confusion!

As I said when I first commented on that L&G meter, I do not understand a meter with an integral contactor which has absolutely no mention of how, and by what, the contactor is controlled in its technical data sheet. Couple that with the fact that the couple of examples I found being offered for sale were explicitly described as "single rate" and you can perhaps understand why I'm confused?

Kind Regards, John

Must admit I am too now, maybe the suppliers are not sure either
I thuinknit's the linked meter which is the red herring.

I don't think that there is any doubt that what the OP actually has is a dual-rate meter and, given that there is no evidence of any external timeswitch or teleswitch, I can but presume that one or the other must be 'integral' within the meter. That could presumably be confirmed once and for all (if there were any doubt!) if we could be provided by a clearer photo of ...

upload_2019-11-7_22-27-18.png

... and maybe also of this ...

upload_2019-11-7_22-29-2.png

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back