Ecotec Boiler Firing Up the Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an ecotec 831 combi 24kw hooked up to a honeywell wireless thermostat.

Seems that the heating kicks in even when I have set it not to, making the house constantly warm and wasting the heating bill.

Theres 10 rads in our 4 bed house.

Ive set the heating to 60 degrees and water is working fine.

Radiator symbol flashes and the up arrow in the small circle is also on from time to time. Seems to be anticycling.

I saw that changing the D0 setting could be the answer (it's set to 24) but don't know what I should change it to.

Could it also be a miscommunication between the wireless thermostat and the boiler?!

Anyone have any tips to get this to behave?

Much appreciated

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It was here when we moved in. The wireless thermostat is new. I have tested that and all appears to be reading correctly.

Simply a case of the boiler switching the heating on when the demand isn't there...

Should I try anything else?

The problem is that you as a DIY shouldn't open this boiler case.

So ask the coming engineer about 24V link, he will know what I meant. Good luck for you.

Thanks @hertsboilers

I called Vaillant who were also mystified when I talked them through the situation and checked settings such as D0 (which they said is correct to set at 18 not 24).

Perhaps a simple wiring issue so will call the engineer back.

Your previous post doesn't make sense. An 831 is 31Kw. Not 24.

The bottom of the boiler states 24kw i reckon here is the label...could be wrong as I'm not an expert

cid:B0519763-D9D7-4B9D-982E-776353B366E2@lan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back