Ecotec Pro F.28 Error - Rset Button Does Nothing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Just got in and have no hot water or C/H. Our Eco-tec Pro 28 has an error code of F.28. I've held the reset button down for 1 second as it says in the manual but this does nothing and the error code simple re-appears?

What is supposed to happen and is there anything else I can try (switching off the power....??)

Thanks,

Mike.

Sponsored Links
The F28 is a lack of ignition after several attempts.

It can also in theory be caused by a PCB error.

You can check there is a gas supply to cooker etc. but if so then you will probably need a gas reg engineer as we cannot give advice on this forum on gas related repairs and its not likely to be within the scope of any DIY repair.

One hopes the boiler has been regularly serviced and the combustion chamber seals replaced?

Tony Glazier

Thanks Agile,

Yes we have gas - hob is fine. What is a PCB error? Do you know what is supposed to happen when I hold down the ignition button as all that does happen is the screen goes blank then F.28 re-appears, there is no sound of the boiler attempting to ignite, or do anything at all for that matter?

The boiler is less than 4 years old and has been serviced, no idea about the combustion chamber seals though!

Thanks again,

Mike.

PS: I am not going to attempt to repair anything, just want an idea of the fault possibilities before my trousers come down for the repair bill..

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
It should reset and have a few more attempts at igniting before locking out with the same fault code again!

Tony

Before now, I have held the lockout button for ten seconds to clear an F code, also try isolating power completely by pulling the fuse in the isolator switch that is conveniently close to the appliance. (Not always....)

DH

I think Vaillant say hold reset for 2 seconds.

But manufacturers are surprisingly optimistic about reset times.

A newly fitted Performa can take 10-12 seconds! I am sure some can be replaced because they dont reset in 2-3 seconds.

Tony

It doesnt matter how long you hoof the reset button for. Press it without a demand for heating or hot water, then access the D codes I & +, go to D44 and preess i ,the number should be hovering around 80. Put a demand on and it should go to around 100 , dropping below 40 when lit. If the first two things are wrong, it will be the PCB, if only the last one is wrong you need a RGI.

just want an idea of the fault possibilities before my trousers come down for the repair bill.

If, as you state, the boiler has been serviced, then why not call in that person. Or did he also pull your trousers down?

It maybe as agile said the combustion seals gone an melted the harness, but we're guessing really eh Guessman ? U will probably need a RGI

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back