Edge trim for click vinyl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
P_20210925_151525.jpg P_20210925_151546.jpg Am putting in 18mm ply with 8mm click vinyl surface, looking for an 8mm edge trim to go along the btm of this sliding door, just under the window frame btm, it's a bit tight for clearance at the right hand end but gets better to the left.

Reveal is 2525 skim to skim. There is a 2.5m Dial 8mm aluminium edge trim but is it for wall tiles? It's quite flimsy.

Are there any dedicated flooring edge trim about, out of thicker gauge? A little more substantial, like thresholds are perhaps?

Thanks,

Dain

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Why you putting plywood over the screed? How long has the screed been down. Have you checked it for moisture content?

P_20210926_132248.jpg
Why you putting plywood over the screed? How long has the screed been down. Have you checked it for moisture content?

Thank you,
That isn't screed, it's the conc. base of an old carport that had a bedroom above it. I just glazed the entrance to the carport.

There isn't the headroom to bring it higher with screed. I gave it 2 good coats of Sikha rapid dpm. The ply will be raised up, above the conc. base. I could membrane the whole base, over the Sikha. I sealed up the red bricks too.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
How are you leaving an expansion gap?
Isn't it 1mm per meter?

I was going to bracket a timber bat/strip up off the conc. base, vertically against the upvc frame and screw the edge trim to the top of that. The edge trim should provide room for movement. The ply substrate may extend beneath the trim slightly, but will not be in contact with the edge trim support.

I was hoping for a few pointers re support and fixing ply where top of floor height is an issue (set by the upvc frame). I've considered rubber pads, ply doublers as splices, Stratarise decking pedestals etc.

Does anyone know where I can find a single length of this? It's 2.7m, which is handy. It looks much better than the really thin stuff at the sheds, which would be ok if up out of the way on wall tiles.

Or similar?

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 68

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back