EICR needed - consumer board replacement cost?

ODB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm renting my flat out (London, E17) and am having an EICR done. Before the guy gets here I'm assuming I'll need a new fuse board installed? This is what it looks like at the moment:

rvj2Rrtr.jpg

What I'm after is a rough 'from' cost. Assuming everything else is ok, am I looking at 'At least £500 to replace' or something? I genuinely have no idea of price. Any guidance would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Well, you appear to have no earth connection for a start.

DS

assuming I'll need a new fuse board installed?
Not necessarily.
That is an older model, probably with brown bakelite C50 circuit breakers inside.
Might have an RCD as well, although even if not that doesn't automatically mean it needs to be replaced.

OP
PLEASE post a photo with the cover of the CU open.
I've been near some Kryptonite and My x-ray eyes are failing me today.

Sponsored Links
It's only a 4 circuit jobby.
Price of course can only be determined after an on site review, but I'd reckon about £350 for a new board.

Looking at the age, I'd bet there's no earth in the lighting circuit. If that's the case you'll only be able to use plastic lights and switches.

• Thanks
Reactions: ODB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back