Einhell sliding mitre saw?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got a cheapo B&Q own brand saw maybe 15 years ago and today it gave up, god rest it’s soul.

I’m looking for a new cheapo now but stocks seem non existent. The only thing I can see locally is:

https://www.toolstation.com/einhell-216mm-single-bevel-sliding-mitre-saw/p29217

A60CF3E1-3D07-4C21-8BCE-32008ED88453.png

Which on paper would be an upgrade on mine but in reality? Can anyone advise?

The is the deceased:
53C34D32-06B9-4E6B-81AB-8460D026DF1F.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Don't get it, it's crap.

Seriously crap.

I got the big one to start with 305mm I think, and it was smashed on arrival.

The quality wasn't all that great either and I didn't like the angle stickers.

I sent it back and borrowed my mates smaller einhell, my god it was even worse than I thought bit was when I started using it. Trying to obtain a straight cut was nigh on impossible, the locks still allowed 2-3mm of movement and made the job take twice as long.

For my birthday family clubbed together and got me an erbauer version. My god, the difference is night and day. The angles are aluminium plates with etching, everything locks as it should, the plastics are good quality with nice rubber grips.

If you want a budget one, go for erbauer from Screwfix.

Sponsored Links
The Einhell looks very similar to the one I bought 7 years ago and for which I paid around £60 new. Mine has been absolutely great, no problems at all with it and seems well built.

Hhhhhmmmm... wish I didn’t ask now :LOL:

What if I were to up my budged to £200-230? That would get me a Bosch or Dewalt entry level one, at that price would I just be paying extra for the brand name over the Erbauer?

Hhhhhmmmm... wish I didn’t ask now :LOL:

What if I were to up my budged to £200-230? That would get me a Bosch or Dewalt entry level one, at that price would I just be paying extra for the brand name over the Erbauer?

Much depends upon the intended use of the saw. Items I would use regularly as a professional, I would expect to get the best and pay more for. Items for occasional DIY I accept lower standards and cost savings.

Much depends upon the intended use of the saw. Items I would use regularly as a professional, I would expect to get the best and pay more for. Items for occasional DIY I accept lower standards and cost savings.

for that sort of money i would go for the larger evolution or still the erbauer (larger one)

i genuinely cant praise the erbauer enough, the beauty is if it breaks (though i doubt it will) you just rock up to screwfix and they give you another one, no messing about sending it away etc

I couldn’t find the Erbauer in stock anywhere so ended up with a Dewalt at £200. That was at B&Q and I chose it over the Evolution because the slider felt much better, the guard lock on the Evolution felt very cheap and the Dewalt was a fair bit lighter.

It has a 3 year guarantee and will cut 250x65mm piece of wood so plenty big enough for what I need, which today will be a corner dining bench out of 3x2 (y)

F308797C-5699-469B-BB8D-1E3C7C9B6719.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back