Hitatchi mitre saw in b&q

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was in my local B&Q today and saw a Hitatchi mitre saw for £200 and it looked quite robust and tomorrow it will be on sale for £170.
Its a sliding 216mm and am wondering if hitatchi stuff is any good, any one got any experience of them and is their quality any good.
I have got a Bosch 10sd mitre saw unused but am looking to sell this as I want something smaller.
I know the price is attractive but am unsure of the brand..

Sponsored Links
their stuff is pretty good as reputation goes, they are mainly in the light trade bracket i think. I don't have any of their kit but i know a few guys who swear by their cordless stuff.

The Hitachi sliding mitre saw is a £260 saw. Are you sure the one in B&Q was the sliding saw?

I’ve had a quick look at their website and the one that they do for £170 is the chop saw, not the sliding saw.

was in B&Q yesterday and it was the hitatchi 216mm sliding saw it was reduced from £270 to£199 and today they doin 15% off as well, I also checked the website and it is listed as £270.
I am goin back up to B&Q later today so will be having another look at it.

Sponsored Links
Its the one in chester,
I goin there in about 1/2 hour and providing its the same price as yesterday and with 15% off I will grab one .
I had a bit of a play with it yesterday and it seemed very well made and absolute no movement side to side on the blade when it was fully forward and also comes with a second blade in the box but could not see which type of blade it was.

Just got back and it is the Hitatchi C8FSE slide one and the spare blade is a 24 tooth (better than nothing) and it cost me £170 (the offer is on till Monday)
I got to say it does feel very well built and it is quite light 18kg. :LOL:

i changed my kit from dewalt to hitachi (apart from my large sliding mitre saw). I have to say its very very good kit. very well built and very reliable. My stuff gets used in all sorts of external conditions doing landsacping work. I always think thats a pretty good proving ground for any tools.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back