ELECTRIC BOILER FOR WATER AND CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought an ALL electric house, I want to do away with the bulky, inefficient storage heaters and I was considering installing an electric boiler and radiators(6) to each room, I have to admit that I've only heard of an electric boiler for hot water and CH very recently.

Would anyone out there be able to advise a reputable and highly efficient brand that doesn't cost an arm and a leg ??

Many thanks :D

Sponsored Links
Sorry Graham, but I'm afraid you are poorly informed, the link you posted up is for a flow-through boiler, for which you would only get an expensive restricted tariff like E10.

If the OP fitted a storage type electric boiler, they would benifit from a better tariff & mains pressure hot water, we have fitted several of these in many parts of Scotland, they operate on Total Control(Hydro) or Econamy2000(S Scotland). I'm sure 'aston' you can get a similar tariff in your area;
http://www.heatwell.co.uk/

P.S. Sorry about the photo in the link, I see my girlfriend & her sisters got in on the act when the photo was taken!!!

Sponsored Links
Sorry T I bow to your knowledge. :oops:

The one I saw was in my brother in laws place in Sheffield, new build all electric estate.

Where I am I dont even think I have seen any adverts/ info in the local merchants.

Ach, that's not a problem 'linky' auld son. Many Builders are now fitting flow-through leccy boilers and in a wee well insulated flat, they are OK running cost wise, but if they'd fork out a bit more they could fit storage boilers, but hey ho Builders eh!

The only problem with the 'what's it called' ones tamz is the price, they're fecking expensive!!

Baaaaahrbra sends her regards........... ;)

The only problem with the 'what's it called' ones tamz is the price, they're f*****g expensive!!:

I know they are. They are about £2000 +. Did one just before christmas, cust got it himself. Was quite impressed with it and a doddle to fit.

Tell Baaabs i was asking for her ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back