Electric boiler not producing hot water - Horstmann 7 etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

First time poster, not sure if anyone can help on here?

Live in a new build flat (3 years) old, recently the electric boiler (range tribune) which is connected to a Horstmann Electronic 7 controller has stopped heating water.

The off peak settings are still setup and the red light indicator comes on to indicate the programme is running but no hot water.

I can't even get it to heat, even when the manual "boost" button is pressed, again red light shows it should be working.

Has anyone out there experienced a similar problem and who would be the best tradesman to contact - a plumber or an electrician?

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Sponsored Links
I believe you're referring to an immersion heater? Post a pic if unsure.

If so, sounds like it needs a new element, a plumber can do it, many sparks do them too. Phone and ask, they should check, confirm and replace if ness. Oh, and specify an alloy element, not copper.

Dont jump to conclusions. If it is an immersion there will probably be an over temp switch that has tripped.

Per hairy's suggestion. Post a pic, we like pictures :D

Thanks for the advice thus far.

As suggested I have posted pics here.

1. The heater / boiler.

2. The type of Horstmann control unit.

If I am looking to replace the element which part of the system is this? and also where would I find the reset switch, is it under one of the two white caps?

Thanks again for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Hi guys,

Did any of you get a solution from this?

I have the same issue now and don't want to splash out on a plumber if its a simple fuse/thermostat problem.

Thanks a lot

Matthew

mattytwig

After two years nobody gives a fig if its fixed or not.

If you have a NEW problem then start a NEW topic of your own.

This is a NEW problem, if you've got nothing constructive to say then save your fingers. Someone else has had this problem on this forum, is that why your having a dig? I'm desperate for help, not digs

OK then.

Please confirm that your problem is EXACTLY the same as the old topic.

You have an electric boiler (range tribune)

with immersion that is connected to a Horstmann Electronic 7 controller?

If the answer is yes then here is my constructive help:

Did you read the advice given in the earlier replies?

Have you checked and acted on all of the advice?

Have you looked at the immersion thermostat
Is there a safety switch, has it tripped?

If all that is OK, then post pictures of the immersion and also advise if you have a mains test device like a multimeter (NOT a neon screwdriver).

If you have a NEW problem then start a NEW topic of your own.

This is a NEW problem

So dont get mad then - you've not started a new topic have you? You should. Your system is highly unlikely to be the same as the one pictured, and will have different controllers and parts, as well as possibly a different cylinder and different supply arrangements.

This is the reason you start a new topic. People get confused.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back