electric chair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone know if or where i can get an extension cable for an electric recliner chair ..i mean extending the 2 pronged cable thats supplied with chair as its too far away from socket or any solutions would be gratefull
ty

Sponsored Links
I'm very dissapointed that this thread isn't going the way I thought it would.. :cry:

Hang around for a while, things may happen...before the Mods operate their guillotine ( good mourning Citizen Mod Defarge, how is the knitting )

does anyone know if or where i can get an extension cable for an electric recliner chair ..i mean extending the 2 pronged cable thats supplied with chair as its too far away from socket or any solutions would be gratefull
ty

Have you asked the manufacturer ?

What sort of
2 pronged cable
is it/ Photo ?

Is it a two pronged to plug into a power socket in the wall ? If so is it designed for UK sockets ? Have you got an imported chair that may not be 230 volt.

Sponsored Links
ty

Have you asked the manufacturer ?

What sort of
2 pronged cable
is it/ Photo ?

Is it a two pronged to plug into a power socket in the wall ? If so is it designed for UK sockets ? Have you got an imported chair that may not be 230 volt.

no it has a plug the 2 pronged cable is attached to transofrmer ..like outdoor lighting set up,
the easiest way would be to extend the cable with the plug ,but i thought i could buy this 2 pronged cable as the cable is going round a doorway

when i get this sorted mayb i should wire it and make sure its live and put some of members from here in the chair
:LOL: :LOL:

So I assume the cable between the 2 prong plug and the transformer is the normal twin >1mm stuff.

have you thought about taking it under the door, under the carpet underlay and gaffer tapping over it to enhance mechanical protection *

* = the cable isn't designed to do this, but its a simple fix.

The alternative is a standard socket and plug extension lead run from a socket (if you have one) on the side of the door that the chair will rest.

So I assume the cable between the 2 prong plug and the transformer is the normal twin >1mm stuff.

have you thought about taking it under the door, under the carpet underlay and gaffer tapping over it to enhance mechanical protection *

* = the cable isn't designed to do this, but its a simple fix.

The alternative is a standard socket and plug extension lead run from a socket (if you have one) on the side of the door that the chair will rest.

cant do under carpet not long enough cable \yes normal stuff\the cable is crossing the door so its a trip hazard
but thanks anyway
ps i thought about taking off plug then attaching to junction box then taking cable round the door thn plug it in ......is this viable?

what kind of floor?

how often do you move your furniture around?

you could always put a floor socket in under / near where the chair is..

first of all what power does the chair draw?
if the transformer is under 13amp and plugs in why cant you just use a standard extension lead and keep the transformer near the chair?

first of all what power does the chair draw?
if the transformer is under 13amp and plugs in why cant you just use a standard extension lead and keep the transformer near the chair?

it crosses the doorway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back