Electric element for Bathroom Towel Rail

ban-all-sheds said:
Pensdown said:
Not sure if you have done the plumbing yet but a tip from friend was to plumb the towel rail into the hot water circuit and not the heating. That way in the summer, the rail is still hot. If you break in before the control valve it will run on your hot water time control and not the tank stat
How do you know he's not got a combi?

Quite correct. It may have been better if I had typed:

"Not sure if you have done the plumbing yet but a tip from friend was if you have not got a combi system,you could plumb the towel rail into the hot water circuit and not the heating. That way in the summer, the rail is still hot.

How do you know he's not got a combi
And here, rather than adopt the negative "Jeremy Paxman" approach, you could have taken a more helpful and positive approach and typed;

This is OK if you have not got Combi system.

Although I have expertise in some areas of the electrical industry, I like a lot of others on here are always learning (which is why I joined). It is essential that the advice given in these forums is policed and is correct, however, when a reply is only slightly wrong or another scenario has been missed, I feel the positive approach may give a better impression of what the site has to offer rather than a negative one.

I love reading some of the reply's posted on here but i'm sure some are only intended to bring out the worst in people :evil:

[/quote]

Sponsored Links
Yup! that gets my vote, I am a little annoyed that the good, this site does is sometimes marred by (maybe unintentioned) remarks that brush the poster up the wrong way.

Personally I think this site is one of the (if not THE) best available, on the web.

Can we ask everyone who posts here to read their replies a second time before submitting with a mind to how another will read it.

I have added a lot to my knowledge and am still adding, Long may this site continue.

Agreed. Personally, I've found this site to be enormously helpful - not just in answering my direct questions but also in reading other postings; and I only discovered it a few days ago. In general, the negatives (aggressive/sarcastic postings) are outweighed by the positives (a range of opinions, help and advice).

i'm certainly grateful for the help I've been given to date.

plumbamateur said:
Any thoughts on Question 3 regarding a way of timing the rail to switch on/off?

I used one of these in the same situation as you or you could use one of these if you need more precise control.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Observer.. I have not wired it in yet, so still time to get one of these... much appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back