Electric hob clearance?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know there aren't any rules as for gas hobs, but anyone have any recommendations based on experiance?

The manufactures normally state the hight to the extractor fan, but what about left and right of the hob to wall hung cupboards?

btw, I'll be installing a ceramic hob.

Thanks! :)

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
I know there aren't any rules as for gas hobs

you know wrong then

chech the mans instructions with the hob :idea:
Thanks kev, very useful information. Professional advice is always deeply appreciated... I know what it says in the installation manual from the manufacturer...I can read...

My question was more related to when you boil water => steam => is there a suitable distance to nearby cupboards to avoid damaging them?

As long as you follow the manufactures instructions & are not boiling your washing all day, your cabinets will be ok. It also will look correct if you have the hood/cabinet above the hob & then other cabinets to the side.

Sponsored Links
I have wall hung units directly either side of my ceramic hob for 17 years.
Last year the sides facing the hob were losing a little varnish, very lightly sanded and revarnished, good as new.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back