Electric Instantanious Water Heaters

D

dan2071

Hello, I have been brought in by a joiner to pipe up a kitchen in a church.

At the moment they have two sinks next to each other with cold taps on both.
( Sink Waste is in 42mm Copper! Cant wait! )

They have requested a hot tap, the only way they can have a hot tap is if i install an Electric Water Heater, I have thought about it and a store of water is impractical because they might only use it once a week.

I was thinking about fitting a Santon HP924 which is a 9KW Instantaneous Water Heater. I was wondering what sort of flow rates etc i should be expecting?

I know with this heater, i can run a 15mm feed to a tap, but i was wondering what the out come would be if i took it into a mixer tap? Would the cold water over whelm it?

Thanks, Dan

Sponsored Links
normally ive seen these fitted to an anti scald device beneath the sink

One quirk I've noticed with a similar heater connected to a mixer is the mixer becomes a bit unpredictable.

Turn the hot tap on, and it delivers hot water water. No problem. :cool:

Turn the mixer to a mid-way position, and the hot water flow is reduced. The heater heats the reduced hot flow to a higher temperature, so the water from the mixer remains at substantially the same temperature. :confused:

Turn down the hot flow further and the flow switch in the heater cuts out, so you get cold water only. :(

Sponsored Links
ha, thats quite comical! I never thought of that. I think its going to end up with two single taps!

Thanks, Dan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back