Electric into shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone give an approx price i would expect to pay to have a cable put into a shed from the house?
The house is approx 8ft from the shed.

Sponsored Links
What sort of route does it need to take....what will it be supplying...do you have rcd protection...If you have a type AC rcd this will need to be changed to a type A...... Minor works cert needs to be issued. So the answer is god only knows

Hi I don't have anything it's brand new shed the route would be out of kitchen along wall then onto a fence then into shed

The questions were about you current supply and fuseboard

Sponsored Links
Hi Conny how could it be done overhead ? Is that possible? I don't know about specifics

Marky D1 I had a new board fitted about 7 years ago I don't know about electrics!

Hi Conny how could it be done overhead ? Is that possible? I don't know about specifics
Basically, you string a catenary wire between the house and the shed, (there is a specified height, but I can't remember it at the moment), and you suspend the cable a few inches below from this wire using loops such as loose cable ties.
If you Google 'How do I erect a catenary wire for cables', or look on You Tube, there are lots of examples on how to do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back