Electric meter box brickwork clearances

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Can anyone help me with any info on minimum clearances for brickwork between any openings and an external electric meter box.

Extension underway and i just want to check if there are any regs covering the fitting of the box.

The location of our electric meter box is planned to be between an abutment wall and a new external window.

At the moment i have allowed some 600mm minimum between window and box and box to abutment wall ( ie 600mm either side)

Box height will be minimum 450mm ( in reality it will be higher) from DPC which is correct to paperwork supplied with the box.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Thanks to all in advance

Tufty

Sponsored Links
No restrictions, as long as there is enough space for the box on the wall and it is installed correctly it will be ok.

There are regs covering the length of the tails from the meter to the internal consumer unit so the location is important in that respect.

Thanks for the reply Denso13.

Thought as much, but better to check.

I wondered if the distances for openings next to abutments and other walls etc etc came into play with boxes.

We will have some 650mm either side when done so that should be fine.

Again thanks for the reply

Tufty

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back