Electric only Flat heating & Hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Everyone, this is my first post.
Appreciate that this topic has been used before, however moved into my 2 bed flat and just myself living there. Currently on Eco7 with one old storage heater in lounge/kitchen as open plan) but all other rooms are on normal electric rate old convector heaters. Hot water has Eco7 immersion and top up immersion in hot water cylinder that is a larger 1200 x 450 green insulated cylinder. There is a electric cold water feed shower that has poor pressure. The hot water cylinder only serves kitchen and bathroom sink Also bath but do not use this.
Potentially looking to downsize hot water tank as don't need to heat that much water and potentially get rid of storage heaters??? and go on one electric tariff??

Looking for the best efficient way to heat flat and hot water?
Any ideas or anyone tradesmen in High Wycombe area that can quote?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I believe ECO7 is half price, I would think carefully before dumping it. The first step is to properly insulate the HW tank. Just one of those flimsy covers is not enough, then insulate the HW piping. If your insulation is 100% then you just heat the water that you have used. If the tank cupboard is red hot inside then the power you are putting into the water is leaking out into the air, through walls etc.
Frank

The least efficient way to heat anything is using resistive electric heat.

The cheapest way to do resistive heating, but with mediocre running costs, is by using eco7.

The most expensive way of setting up electric heating, but with the cheapest running costs, is with a heat pump of some sort.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back