Electric Oven Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm replacing an electric oven and the flex from the existing oven is too short to fit into the new oven. Can I use a permanent connection box to extend then flex or do I have to replace the flex? The existing flex runs behind cupboards, wall tiles etc and I was hoping to not destroy my kitchen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

Sponsored Links
BayBoy said:
The existing flex runs behind cupboards, wall tiles etc
You're not supposed to bury flex in walls....

Do you have the normal (ish) installation of a cooker control unit feeding a cooker outlet plate, where the appliance is wired? Ignoring the run behind the cupboards for now, how and where is the existing flex connected?

Thanks for the reply.

There is a cooker control unit on the wall and I haven't seen a cooker outlet plate. Perhaps that's hidden behind the cupboards. I will have to take the cupboards out and have a look. This was all done by the last owners, i.e. before we moved into the house, which is why I don't know.

Presumably I can just run a longer cable from the outlet plate to the cooker?

Andy

Sponsored Links
BayBoy said:
Thanks for the reply.

There is a cooker control unit on the wall and I haven't seen a cooker outlet plate. Perhaps that's hidden behind the cupboards.
It should be vertically below the CCU.

I will have to take the cupboards out and have a look. This was all done by the last owners, i.e. before we moved into the house, which is why I don't know.
Depending on the design of the cupbords, and how the worktop is installed, it can be easier to remove the worktop and peer down the back.

Or take drawers right out, often you can then see the wall.

Presumably I can just run a longer cable from the outlet plate to the cooker?

Andy
Yup. What's the rating of the oven?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back