Electric Oven Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace my electric oven which was installed in 1988. It is sat on top of my kitchen bench at waist height and is the typical size of 600cm cube approx.

I will replace it with one of same dimensions.

Can anybody help me with the regulations relating to the free space i require to have on either side,above and behind the new unit that i will install.

Does the new unit need to be enclosed within a box unit?

I already have electric sockets nearby but have regulations changed with respect to that too?

Thanks for any advice though i do intend to get an installer to did it but i need the area to be suitable before he arrives.

Sponsored Links
Your cooker will come with fitting/installations instructions. So you need to know what you want to get.
A 600mm built in/built under, will be designed to f.it into a housing unit, other wise it would be 'free standing'.
I think it may help if you go to a retailor & take a look at what is available & then ask re the installation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back