Electric Oven needs replacing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am new here and hoping someone can help.

Moved into a new house not so long ago which has an electric built in oven. The oven has died on me, the grill is still working but the oven id dead. Which is not great with 2 children.

I have pulled the oven out and can see it has a plug at the end of it. I thought fantastic. I will be able to go out and buy a new oven and just more or less swap them.

Been looking online and more or less or the oven I like need hardwiring. Which has now stopped me in my tracks as I dont get how I am going to be able to do this.

Can anyone suggest what I can do?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as hoping to get a new oven this afternoon or tomorrow and starve my children in the mean time. LOL.

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Simple option
Find an oven / grill combination which draws 3,000 Watts or less power and comes fitted with a 13 Amp plug. Plug it in and go!

Mildly complex
You already have an unused cooker circuit and outlet in you kitchen which is suitable for the hard wired cooker of your choice. If you are confident you could wire your new cooker into that yourself.

More complex
You heart is set on a hard wired cooker but you have no cooker circuit. You will need a new dedicated radial cooker circuit wired from your consumer unit into your kitchen. If you are inexperienced with electrics, that is a job best left to a sparkie. In the meantime, feed the children dona kebabs and pizzas.

cheers for that.

It answered what I was thinking if you get me..

I dont think my 2 year old would enjoy a kebab. LOL. But worth remembering..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back