Electric oven smoking!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help, opened my oven door and bellows of smoke came out I had only cooked oven chips so nothing was splashing. The electric thing at the top still heats up and goes orange however as soon as it heats up the left hand side smokes. If I try to use it as a grill it smoke instantly. It is a candy electric oven two years Think it's a self clean oven. The hob is fine .
Grateful for any help Louisa

Sponsored Links
Hi kiethwasherman

It is clean the smoke is coming from the electric thing at the top of the oven I have wiped that over as well. Thanks for your help anyway. Louisa

it was the electric thing that i meant.
perhaps you should just turn it on with window etc open and let it burn off.keep an eye on it of course.
sometimes if it's a split grill and you've only ben using half of it, the other half gets splashed. this then burns off when you eventually turn it on.

Sponsored Links
My oven has the grill element at the top, this gets greasy with roasts and the grease burns off when you first turn the grill on. Then it stays clean until you do another roast. I wonder if that's what you're getting?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back