Electric oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of purchasing an AEG oven Model B996985M Link to data sheet below.

http://www.aeg-electrolux.co.uk/Fil...AEGCategoryImages/BI Specification Tables.pdf

While it clearly states 13A. Does this mean it will come or can be fitted with a normal 13A plug on it at a stated 3.1KW.?

The reason I ask is that my kitchen currently has a 32A 6mm2 dedicated radial for an induction hob switched above worktop. But only 13A fused DP switch spurred off the kitchen ring connected to a dedicated 13A single socket in the unit beside oven location.

I am going to call them tomorrow but wondered if I need to look at alternatives.

Running in new circuits is not really an option in my newly finished kitchen.

Other appliances on the same ring final are.
Washer/dryer
Fridge/freezer
850w microwave
kettle

Hope this is clear.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
if it says 13A, then 13A it is..
that PDF lies though..
says "installation diagrams", but I didn't see any..

if it says 13A, then 13A it is..
that PDF lies though..
says "installation diagrams", but I didn't see any..

Thankyou and I agree, But it looks like they have split a single document for use online because there are othe bits elswhere of the "installation diagrams" to do with installation into kitchen units etc. (woodwork).

Is it likley to be fitted with a molded plug so I can just plug it in? Money is now a bit tight. Or am I going to need an electrician to install and test.?

you buy a £700 single oven and quibble over £30 for a sparky to wire it in if it needs it? ;) :rolleyes: :LOL:

if it comes with a plug you can plug it in.
if it comes with a flex but no plug it will need hardwiring.
if it doesn't come with a flex at all then you need to fit one and hardiwre it..

Sponsored Links
you buy a £700 single oven and quibble over £30 for a sparky to wire it in if it needs it? ;) :rolleyes: :LOL:

if it comes with a plug you can plug it in.
if it comes with a flex but no plug it will need hardwiring.
if it doesn't come with a flex at all then you need to fit one and hardiwre it..

Cheers ColJack, will wait till it arrives and decide upon installation method. But I suspect £30 would not even get a spark into his van. Never mind run in a new circuit. Or are you saying he could just change the socket for a FS.

PS I am trying to evolve into a better breed of idiot. :LOL:

what's that got to do with the price of fish?

he's not asking about his microwave, just including it in a list of appliances that he's already got on the kitchen ring

he's not asking about his microwave, just including it in a list of appliances that he's already got on the kitchen ring
I know, just making a point. Its a common misconception (though it doesnt really matter in most cases since its normally a plug n play thing)

I know, just making a point. Its a common misconception (though it doesn't really matter in most cases since its normally a plug n play thing)

Not sure about price of fish, but it may well be a good point. Look at the potential overall loading when the kitchen is in full swing. If the ring only supplies items listed, all good. But if same ring runs further around the house, you may start to overload.

There is a suggestion that items over 2kW should be supplied by its' own dedicated radial.

Assuming that the oven and hob both within 2m of the cooker control, is it not possible to get the supply for oven via the supply to hob?
Might only involve a FCU be fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back