electric planer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys...ive never got the hang of this electric planer....im always left with an uneven surface when i use a planer.......i mean,...take today i was hanging a door...noticed that bottom right of the door need trimming....so i used the planer...im left with a ridge in the centre....now if id carried on and went straight across, not only would i have taken too much off from the other side but i would have split the edge of the door.......can someone please explain the correct way to use an electric planer...now if i had the old fashioned hand held one...i wouldnt have a problem...lol :confused:

Sponsored Links
i always use an electric one to get the worst off and then a hand one to finish with, but one (or probably more)of the other guys may have some better tips!

sharp blades
score on the cut line at the end grain

set the blade to about 1mm
remember to support the nose end with the weight on the heal when you get to the end off the work so the nose doesn't drop

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back