Electric radiator cable behind tiled wall depth advise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'm tiling our bathroom and I plan to fit an electric radiator once the wall is tiled so I need to put a cable or conduit in the wall ready. How deep should this cable be in to the wall?
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
As long as its in the permitted wiring routes (straight up or across from an accessory box or within 6" of a corner or the top of a wall) then there is no minimum depth other than what is needed to conceal it without it smiling through the surface, normal practice is to allow at least 3mm of plaster skim above it, but if you are tiling then argueably the conduit could be fush with surface of wall and then just tile over (if you ever took tiles off though, you'd have to skim wall). You must not chase more than 1/6 of wall thickness horizonally, or 1/3 vertically as any more could affect wall structure.

Are you aware of bothroom zoning in respect to baths and shower enclosures?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back