Electric shaving socket install rules

Agreed, yes I have told customers yer put bulbs in gardens and lamps in lampholders, if you put a bulb in a lampholder it will never grow.

Sponsored Links
Agreed, yes I have told customers yer put bulbs in gardens and lamps in lampholders, if you put a bulb in a lampholder it will never grow.
True, but it's also true that even dictionaries know that both words have more than one possible meaning, depending upon context.

... and what would you expect to happen if you put a lamp into a lamp - as I said, those who sell these products don't seem to understand that concept :)

Kind Regards, John

My uncle, an architect, always refers to them as wash hand basins.

My uncle, an architect, always refers to them as wash hand basins.
Yes, and I think that, in some circles, that is still regarded as the 'correct terminology' - although I think that some reserve that term for very small ones (literally just for 'washing hands'), rather than much larger basins sometimes found in bathrooms these days.

Kind regards, John

Sponsored Links
Bulbs and lamps, Fuse boxes and consumer units how far does it go.
It's like the yanks can't say solder, but as you grow, do you get 'odder' ? NO.

Anyway, as I understand it, there is a transformer isolating you from the mains in the shaver sockets..
Does distance even apply? If so, my bad. Dan.

Anyway, as I understand it, there is a transformer isolating you from the mains in the shaver sockets.. Does distance even apply? If so, my bad.
Yes, that point has already been made. Contact with either side of the output of the transformer should not result in an appreciable shock.

However, as I mentioned, if a significant amount of water were to get into the back box, it could, at least theoretically, partially 'bypass' the transformer.

As I and others keep saying, it's really all a matter of common sense.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back