electric shock

13 Dec 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
New starter so please bear with me. I have just installed a new stainless steel sink in my kitchen. I used to have a polycarbonate one. I have noticed that if i happen to be touching the sink and the inside door of my dishwasher i get a bit of a shock. :eek: I know something is a bit wrong but i am unsure what it is and how i should go about correcting :eek: it. All the pipework is earth bonded back to the CU. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Most likely a faulty earth connection to your diswaher socket, or possibly a faulty appliance.

You need to test your socket for earth fault loop impedance.

Can you post a picture of your supply, meter & consumer unit, please?
Soz securespark i may be leading you up the garden path. The shock isn't like a wack but its more of a strong tingly feeling in your arms which makes you pull away sharpish. This doesn't happen when you are in contact with the outside of the m/c. I have been told by a guy at work its something to do with the control voltage on the appliance and there may be a male spade terminal on the back of the dishwasher to earth onto the water supply to the m/c. The double socket, (which also powers a washing m/c) is wired through a 25A DP isolator switch mounted above the worktops. Any more thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local