Electric Shower advice/help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I currently have a electric shower that is about 10 years old and the thermostat has given up, I will be replacing my bathroom soon and ripping it all out. I am wanting to replace the electric shower with a normal shower on a three way diverter valve (one control for temperature the other for a shower head and a external hose) my water pressure upstairs out both my sink hot and cold taps is good and also my bath are good. my question is, is will I have enough water pressure for this I am concerned about changing from a electric shower, or is it easier to stick with electric and just change for a quality electric shower with a big head.

More information if its any help:
The shower will be a big shower head with a external hose
My boiler is a gas boiler not combiner's
I have a emersion heater in a spare cupboard and a water tank in the loft.

Thanks in advanced to anyone who can help.

Sponsored Links
Nowt much wrong with a good quality high power electric shower and it provides a good standby for when the gas boiler fails.

Nowt much wrong with a good quality high power electric shower and it provides a good standby for when the gas boiler fails.

my boiler is getting on a bit I do want to change to a combi but cost is a factor at the moment this is my first house. I may look for a electric set up with a good sized head.

Rather than the big head, better to seek out one which automatically controls the temperature. One where you just dial in the temperature you desire and it does the rest, in closely controlling it.

Sponsored Links
my boiler is getting on a bit I do want to change to a combi

Whay do you want to change to a combi ? A heat only boiler with a hot water cylinder is the best option for supplying hot water.

Combis were created specifically for supplying hot water in flats and other small properties where there is no space for a hot water cylinder.

Correct! If you already have the vented system in and everything is fine with it, apart from the boiler, then unless you have a good reason to change it, stick with what you have - just get a new heat only boiler.

One where you just dial in the temperature you desire and it does the rest, in closely controlling it.

Difficult to achieve close control of temperature in a shower when the flow rate and the temperature of the hot water is determined by a combi boiler.

my boiler is getting on a bit I do want to change to a combi but cost is a factor at the moment this is my first house. I may look for a electric set up with a good sized head.

If your going yo get a combi then stick with a good electric shower as Harry Wisley advised. :censored:

Sponsored Links
Back